By entering any of the writing competitions on this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions stated below:
You agree that:
- You are 16 years of age or older
- The story you are submitting is original and entirely your own work and does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party and is not unlawful or defamatory of any living person or corporate body.
- Your story has not been published anywhere else, either in print format, digital format or on any websites, blogs or social media platforms.
- Your story may be edited slightly if any grammatical errors are present, before publishing on this site or in a print or digital publication.
- Submitting your story automatically places you on our mailing list and you agree to receive emails from mumlifestories.com and Joanne Caddy in regards to the competition and with updates on news, stories, competitions, and promos. You can unsubscribe at any time after the competition has ended, but if you’d like updates on new competition start dates, you’ll need to stay subscribed.
- You also agree that you are aware that the $2 AUD entry fee is required in order for your submission to be considered for the competition and that all competition entry fees will be used for administration costs, including but not restricted to the competition prize monies, advertising & promotion, other admin costs as well as anthology publication costs (if there are enough funds).
Micro Fiction Writing Competition Entry Fee
You can use this button to pay your entry fee for the current micro-fiction writing competition. Just be sure to enter the email address you use for PayPal into the section provided on the entry form so we can match up your payment. If you're entering more than one story, you will need to pay $2 per entry. Thanks!
By submitting your story, you (the author) hereby acknowledge and agree that, free of any fees or royalty payments (apart from competition winnings), you grant Joanne Caddy the right to publish your flash fiction story, name and Country of residence & biography (if applicable).
- on this website
- in print and eBook format, to be distributed globally
If I want to use your story for anything else, or if your story wasn’t shortlisted but I’d like to publish it, I will contact you and ask for your permission to use it.
You, the author are free to do whatever you want with your stories at any time after the competition has ended if you were not shortlisted. However, if your story was shortlisted we ask that you do not republish your story anywhere until 3 months after the anthology has been released and that you acknowledge that your story was first published on mumlifestories.com
You (the author) also agree not to reproduce, give away or sell your digital copy of the anthology, it is for your use only, a link will be provided to you for any friends or relatives that would like to purchase the anthology either in digital format or print format. We will endeavor to keep the price low, to simply cover administration costs and make a small donation to a charitable organization from each book sold.
February’s theme is ‘Single Mother’, you can enter below (from 24th February 2020)